Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Companion Plan
Health emergencies don’t come with a prior notice. Thus, having a health insurance is the most essential thing in today’s time. If you are wondering which insurance plan would serve the purpose of securing your family better, just consider the Niva Bupa (earlier known as Max Bupa) Health Companion Plan.
This is one of the most effective health insurance plans for your entire family to save you from the medical costs incurred due to any medical emergency. This plan covers you and your family against the expenses caused by accidental injuries, deteriorating health issues, and grave/critical diseases.
The best thing about this plan is that you can avail the facility of cashless claims, and that too in just a matter of half an hour’s time. Unlike other cashless plans, where you have to wait for 6-7 hours to get confirmation from the insurer, here you can get the treatment started within just 30 minutes of processing of the cashless claim papers. Further, this policy allows the insured to avail treatment in any of the 5000+ network hospitals of Niva Bupa(earlier known as Max Bupa).
This is a cost-efficient plan that comes with some fabulous features to help you secure all the members of your family against medical eventualities.
Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Companion Plan Variants
The sum insured applicable for the Niva Bupa Health Companion plan starts from Rupees 3 lakh and goes up to rupees 1 crore.
The plan is available for both individuals and families.
- Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Companion Individual Plan
- Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Companion Family Plan
The Plan comes is three different variants namely, variant 1, variant 2 and variant 3, applicable for both individual as well as family plans.
Key Features and Benefits of Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Companion Policy
- Cashless Claims – Cashless claim is one of the key features of the Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan as it offers cashless treatment facility. Once you purchase this policy, you no longer need to worry about the health security of your family members in the event of any emergency in terms of money.
- Day Care Treatments – There are some medical procedures where hospitalization of less than 24 hours is required. Day care treatments are such treatments where the patient is discharged in a few hours time. Niva Bupa health companion covers all such expenses under the plan.
- Restore Sum insured – Another super benefit of this plan is that it restores sum insured if it gets exhausted, and if the claim made is for a diseases which is not previously claimed for during the current policy year.
- No room rent capping – Except for suite and beyond, this plan covers every other hospital room charges. So you don’t have to worry about room rent capping under this plan.
- Pre and post hospitalization – This plan supports you through your pre-hospital expenses as well as post hospitalization charges. So, expenses starting from 30 days prior to hospitalization till 60 days after you get discharged are covered here.
- OPD expense cover – Depending on the plan variant you have opted for, the OPD costs for immunization are also covered here. The range of OPD cover varies from rupees 2,500 to rupees 7,500.
- Domiciliary cover – Domiciliary charges, where the patient is not required to get hospitalized but can get the treatment at home, are also covered under this plan.
- Organ Donor Expenses – If the treatment of the insured person requires any transplant of an organ, in that case, the expenses for harvesting of the donated organ is also covered under this plan.
- Emergency Ambulance – The ambulance costs required to transfer the patient in the event of an emergency is also covered under Niva Bupa plan. Rupees 3,000 is dedicated under the policy as ambulance charge for each hospitalization.
- AYUSH treatment cover – This plan cover treatment for AYUSH (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha, Homeopathy) with maximum protection depending on amount insured.
Add-ons in Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Health Companion Plan
The add-ons available with this plan are:
Hospital cash – This add on deals in daily hospital costs that can range between 1000 to 4000 rupees as per the plan you have selected.
Safeguard cover – This add-on cover cost of basic things like gloves etc., which are counted in non payables.
Niva Bupa (Earlier – Max Bupa) Health Companion Policy Eligibility Criteria
Age of entry:
Minimum – 18 years for adults; 91 days for children
Maximum – No limit of age for adults; 21 years for children
What number is covered:
19 members of a family can be covered under this plan
Who all are covered:
Insured, spouse, children, son and daughter-in-law, parents, spouse’s parents, grandparents, grandchildren, siblings and siblings-in-law, nieces, nephews.
Know what’s covered under Health Companion Plan of Niva Bupa
Here are the things covered under the Niva Bupa best health insurance plan:
- Covers all expenses involved in in-patient hospitalization care for 24 hours and beyond.
- The health companion plan covers all pre-hospital expenses in treatment starting from 30 days prior to getting hospitalized.
- Covers all post-hospitalization costs till 60 days after the patient is discharged from the hospital, like physiotherapy etc.
- Day care treatment or procedures are also covered under this medical insurance plan.
- Living organ harvesting treatment incurred during donation of an organ is also covered under this policy.
- Emergency ambulance charges are covered under this policy for up to 3000 rupees.
- Immunization is covered in case of animal bite, and the range of cover depends on the variant you have opted for under this health policy.
- Alternative AYUSH treatment is also covered under this plan for in-patients.
- Domiciliary hospitalization charges are covered in case the doctor advices the patient to stay at home and undergo the treatment.
- Advanced or modern treatment costs are also covered under this plan.
Know what’s not covered under Niva Bupa Health Companion Plan
Here are the things not covered under this health insurance plan:
- Aesthetic treatments
- Any medical condition diagnosed within the first 30 days of buying the plan (except accidents)
- Costs incurred due to drug/alcohol intake
- HIV/AIDS and STD diseases
- Treatment to control weight
- Maternity expenses
- Injuries caused due to taking part is dangerous or life threatening activities
- Maintenance incurred on Artificial life
- Overseas treatment
How to Purchase the Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) Policy
Below are the steps that you can follow to purchase the health companion plan Max Bupa Online:
- First you need to apply for the policy
- This you can do by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ tab
- Fill in the required details asked in the page
- Now pay for the policy online using your chosen mode of payment
- Submit your name and mobile number
- Now to complete the process, click on the tab ‘Buy Now’
- You will get a call back from the policy owner
Niva Bupa is a comprehensive mediclaim policy that protects most of the medical expenses of the insured and his/her family members. The plan in all-inclusive and covers both pre and post hospital charges for up to Rupees 1 crore sum insured. Earlier, this plan was called as Max Bupa health insurance, which has now been changed to Niva Bupa health companion plan. This plan helps the insured person to manage the health expenses at an affordable price.
If you want to gain further knowledge on the Niva Bupa (Max Bupa) health companion plan, you can go through the Max Bupa health companion brochure/ Niva Bupa health companion brochure for more insights on the plan.