4 min read
If you own a vehicle, you must be aware of the Regional Transport Office (RTO)regulations that are required to be able to drive a vehicle without any trouble on the Indian roads. RTO is the organization that is entrusted with the task of managing a database of vehicle drivers as well as vehicles of each and every state in the country.
The Regional Transport Office (RTO) of India performs four key functions, such as:
To make each function that RTO performs smooth and easy for people, the Government of India has introduced different RTO forms. These forms help people in identifying the exact input that they are supposed to offer to RTO to carry a certain function.
If you want to know about the various RTO forms and which form is used for registration etc. you will get all the information about the various RTO forms below:
1. Form 1 – This is a form that declares the applicant as physically fit. This form is called the Application plus Declaration form. This form is filled to confirm if the candidate has any condition of disability or disease, which might hamper the driving skills of the person.
2. Form 1A – This form serves as a ‘Medical Certificate’ for the applicant. It contains the medical test results that are carried out by a medical officer selected by the government to confirm if the applicant has any medical issues. Thus, the information submitted in this form by the applicant gets rechecked by the tests conducted by the medical officer.
3. Form 2 – this is the application to grant a learner’s licence to the applicant. In this form, the applicant should submit the information of the vehicle that he/she will be driving. Also, information such as if the applicant had any driving license in the past or if he/she was disqualified for a licence ever etc. are also required to be submitted here.
4. Form 4 – this is the licence to drive form. Through this application, the candidate can apply for a driving licence in the state where they reside. Here, in this form, the result of your driving exam to test your driving skills is also mentioned. So, this also functions as the passing form of RTO.
5. Form 8 – this form is required if the applicant wants to add a new vehicle type to their existing driving license. So, if the candidate wants to drive a new vehicle type to their existing licence, they must fill this application.
6. Form 9 – this is the form that is required to renew your driving licence. So, if your driving licence is going to expire and you are willing to renew the licence, you will have to fill this form along with attaching the below documents:
1. Form 20 – This is called the form for registration of vehicle. So, anyone willing to register a vehicle must fill this RTO registration form and submit details of the vehicle like:
This form also include:
2. Form 26 – this is a form required to be filled to issue a duplicate vehicle registration certificate if the vehicle owner’s original RC of the motor vehicle is lost. So, this is required as a vehicle registration form.
3. Form 27– this is the form that an applicant has to fill if he/she requires a new mark of registration to be assigned to a vehicle for a second time. This might be required if the applicant transfers his/her vehicle from one Indian state to a different one. You might also require to attach some other documents with this form such as NOC, original RC, and vehicle fitness certificate etc.
4. Form 28 – This form is to apply for NOC or ‘No Objection Certificate’. This form allows applicants with NOC to get a license.
5. Form 29 – This form is required for transferring possession of a vehicle. So, if the owner of a vehicle sells the vehicle or gives the ownership rights to another person, he/she is required to fill this form as a notice to the original RTO.
6. Form 30 – In case of transferring vehicle ownership, form 30 is also required to be filled together with form number 29. Both these forms need to be submitted at the RTO with details of both transferors, and the transferee.
7. Form 31 – This form must be completed by the nominee of a deceased person who use and own the deceased person’s automobile. The applicant must offer information of the deceased in this form.
So, now you know all about RTO full form and the different RTO application forms and their purposes. Understanding and being familiar with these forms is essential if you do any RTO-related work expediently.. Each of the forms has their own importance and are required to perform a separate function.
PayBima is an Indian insurance aggregator on a mission to make insurance simple for people. PayBima is the Digital arm of the already established and trusted Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd., a reputed name in the insurance broking industry with 17 years of experience. PayBima promises you the easy-to-access online platform to buy insurance policies, and also extend their unrelented assistance with all your policy related queries and services.
A not-so-popular insurance term but very useful for policyholders, this blog details the meaning of the knock-for-knock agreement and how it helps the insured. While.
How Does Your Motor Insurance Policy Change After the Installation of LPG/CNG Kit? Wondering, what are changes LPG/CNG Kit installations will make to motor insurance.
Easy Way to Carry Vehicle Documents Digitally through Digilocker and mParivahan Do you know that carrying your vehicle documents digitally is possible? Yes, you can.
Do you know that if you want to drive your vehicle across the country, you need a permit for that? Well, when we get to.
Most of us must have paid a traffic fine at least once in our lifetime. Do you know how easily you can pay a fine.
Speak to our advisor
Corporate Office : Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd ( A Mahindra Group Company ) Sadhana House, Ground Floor, 570 P. B. Marg, Behind Mahindra Towers, Worli, Mumbai 400018.
Licenced by IRDAI License No. 261; License Validity : 17-05-2025; Category : Composite Broker; CIN : U65990MH1987PLCO42609 Member of Insurance Brokers Association of India (IBAI).
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.
For a seamless experience, use the latest version of Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer.
Copyright © 2022 Mahindra Insurance Brokers. All Right Reserved.