These days, a lot of banks are offering a yearly interest rate of 5.4% on FD (fixed deposit) accounts that are lower than 2 crore rupees.
So, you can easily calculate the 2 crore FD interest per month that would be applicable in your case. If you are a senior citizen you would get 0.5% more than the general FD account holders. The lowest interest that you get in these cases is 2.9%. However, this is applicable for FDs where the maturity period is between seven days and 10 years. At times, you may also get an interest rate of 5.15% in these cases.
If the interest rate is 6% then your 2-crore FD would provide you an interest of 12 lakh rupees every year. This means that you would get one lakh rupees as interest each month. So, you can calculate the monthly interest rate on 2cr FD based on this. If the interest rate is 6.5% then you would get an interest of 13 lakh rupees in a year. This means that each month you would be earning 1.08 lakh rupees on interest alone. If the interest rate is 7% then you would get an interest of 14 lakh rupees in a year.
Following are certain rules and regulations that you need to know regarding the monthly interest rate on 2cr FD:
1. The income from the interest of your FD is completely taxable. You need to file it under the heading of Income from Other Sources when you are filing your returns.
2. If you are earning less than 40,000 rupees in a year in interest from your FD you would not have to pay any tax on that. If you earn more interest than that a 10% TDS (tax deducted at source) would be applied to it.
Apart from earning 2 crore FD interest per month, there are a few things that you need to know in this context:
1. You must be older than 18 years
2. If you are a minor the FD would have to be opened under the guardianship of someone else
3. You have to furnish PAN (Permanent Account Number) card
4. You would also have to submit various documents in these cases
5. If you are an HUF (Hindu Undivided Family) you would need a different PAN card
The documents needed to invest in an FD and earn FD interest per month can be divided into identity proofs, address proofs, and signature proofs. In terms of identity proof, you would need original government IDs such as passport, driving license, PAN card, photo ration card, and voter ID card. In terms of address proof, you would need a telephone bill, passport, electricity bill, and bank statement with a check. If you want to furnish a signature proof you should furnish your passport, driving license, and PAN card.
Need Detailed Information?