The government has executed the e-challan system across 15 Indian states so far for the convenience of its people and for traffic fines checking. So, states like Delhi, Chandigarh, Bihar, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Gujarat, Odisha, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, Punjab, Jammu & Kashmir, and Puducherry have incorporated the e-challan system that the traffic police uses to levy fines.
Traffic fine check online is very simple and easy. All you need is to follow simple steps as mentioned below:
1. Visit the transport department portal of your state.
2. Go to ‘e-challan payments’ section.
3. Here, click on the ‘type of violation’ that you need to pay the fine for.
4. Now submit the e-challan number or alternatively you can submit the vehicle registration number for traffic violation check by vehicle number.
5. You will see a screen in front of you with the fine that is levied on your vehicle.
If you want to have an online traffic fine check on your vehicle, you can check it by submitting your vehicle registration number in the online portal of the state transport department.
1. Go to the transport department portal of your state.
2. Go to the e-challan payments section.
3. Now click on the traffic violation payment section.
4. Here, click on the type of violation that you are levied the fine for.
5. Enter the e-challan number or the vehicle registration number.
6. Now, enter payment details or mode of online payment
7. Pay the fine and get a confirmation on SMS.
Need Detailed Information?