1. Interest Rate – 4 – 6%
2. Minimum amount – Rs.1,000
RD is another lucrative short-term savings option that can be used to earn good returns on your investment.
3. Maximum amount – No Upper Limit
4. Maturity period – 6 months 10 years
5. The RD interest amount is taxable.
1. Rate of return is 2.5% to 5.5% per annum
2. Duration of FD can vary from 7 days to 10 years
FD is another best short term investment plan available for a short duration of 7 days to over 10 years.
3. The FD interest is taxable.
4. Hassle-free and fixed return investment.
1. Rate of interest is 6% to 8% per annum.
2. Duration of the scheme is 1 to 3 years.
The Corporate Deposits are similar to Fixed deposits and are available with any commercial bank.
3. Matures within five years.
4. Interest earned in corporate deposit is taxable as per your income tax slab.
1. Rate of interest is 8% to 11% per annum.
2. Duration of the plan is between 6 months to 3 years.
Another top short-term investment plan is Debt Mutual Funds.
3. These plans do not attract TDS.
4. Allow low fees for transaction
1. Minimum investment – Rs.1000
2. Maximum investment – no max. limit
NSC is a low-risk tax-saving scheme available with the post-offices across India for short-term investment.
3. Interest Rate – 6.8%
4. Lock in tenure – 5 years
4. Tax Benefits – Up to Rs.1.5 lakh (as per Section 80C of Income Tax)
Need Detailed Information?