All about Corona Kavach Policy
With the COVID-19 pandemic hitting the world, insurance companies have introduced a special insurance policy.Following the guidelines by IRDAI, all insurance companies have launched the Corona Kavach Health Insurance. This is can be an Individual or a Family Floater Policy.This insurance policy is designed to cover you and your family’s treatment for COVID-19.
This COVID insurance policy is specially formulated to cover all your Hospitalisation expenses which would occur if you test COVID positive. Corona Kavach Health Insurance covers your pre and post hospitalisation expenses, Home care treatment expenses as advised by medical practitioners, , AYUSH treatment, etc.
Corona Kavach Health Insurance Policy at a Glance
Let's consider the below table to understand the coverage offered under Corona Kavach Policy as per the IRDA guidelines:
|Sum insured||Min Rs 50,000 and max Rs 5 lakh|
|Minimum Hospitalization Duration required for Claim acceptance||Minimum period of 24 hours.|
|Benefit||Indemnity basis - Actual incurred Medical Expenses will be reimbursed||Optional benefit||Hospital cash - Pays 0.5 per cent of the sum insured per day, maximum up to 15 days|
|Pre Hospitalization Expenses||15 days|
|Post Hospitalization Expenses||30 days|
|Sub limits||1. Home care treatment: Maximum upto 14 days per incident. |
2. Ambulance Charges: Rs.2000/- per hospitalization.
|Type of Policy||Individual/Floater|
|Entry ages||The minimum entry age for the policy shall be 18 years and the maximum 65. Dependent children shall be covered from the age of three months to 25 years|
|Relationships Covered||Policy can be availed for Self, spouse, Parents, Parents-in-law and Dependent Children up to 25 years of age.|
|Policy tenure||3.5 months, 6.5 months, or 9.5 months|
|Waiting Period||15 days|
|Continuity Features||lifelong renewability, Migration, and portability shall not be applicable|
|Discount||5% discount for healthcare workers.|
Features & Benefits of Corona Kavach Policy
Corona Kavach Policy offers the following features and benefits:
- You can choose a policy tenure of 3.5 months – 105 days, 6.5 months – 195 days, 9.5 months – 295 days.
- The policy covers Pre and Post Hospitalisation expenses for a defined period
- There is no cap on the room rent
- The policy covers ambulance fee up to a certain limit
- The policy covers basic features and benefits
- Corona Kavach Health Insurance covers co-morbidities, nursing and ICU charges, surgeon’s fee, consumables such as PPE kits, etc.
- The premium you pay for your insurance policy is eligible for tax benefits as per section 80D of the Indian Income Tax Act.
- The policy covers individuals with the age of 18 to 65 years.
- You can buy the policy for your whole family with the Corona Kavach Family Floater Policy.
- This coronavirus health insurance includes coverage for inpatient care from treatments such as Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha, and Homeopathy (AYUSH).
- There are no deductibles in the policy
Coverages Under Corona Kavach Health Insurance
Corona Kavach Health Insurance covers the following:
- Hospitalisation expenses Cover for Covid Positive medical treatment
- Pre and Post Hospitalisation expenses – 15 days before hospitalisation and 30 days post discharge.
- Ambulance cover up to Rs 2000
- Hospital Cash Benefit – The policy may offer a daily cash benefit of up to 0.5% of the sum assured.
- Treatment at home for 14 days, depending on the condition of the patient
- Expenses for treatment in ICU
- Room rent without cap
- AYUSH treatment cover
- You can visit our special Corona Kavach health insurance page.
- Fill in the form with your requirements.
- This form will lead you to a list of insurers offering the policy according to your details.
- Choose 3-4 policies to compare.
- Finalise one policy which suits you best.
- Read all the terms and conditions carefully. Once decided, you can purchase it through any internet payment options.