Reliance Health Insurance
Reliance General Insurance Company Limited is one of the leading general insurance companies in the Indian insurance market. The company has 139 branch offices and more than 26,500 intermediaries selling its products. Thus, customers can easily buy policies from Reliance General Insurance Company. The company offers a wide range of products which include motor insurance, health insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, marine insurance, etc. Policyholders can, thus, buy any type of general insurance product from reliance. Health insurance is one of the company's most popular insurance products. The company offers a range of health insurance plans which offer innovative features and benefits to policyholders.
Why to buy Reliance Health Insurance?
Health insurance products offered by the company are quite attractive. They provide comprehensive coverage benefits while the premiums are affordable. Here are some of the highlights of Reliance Health Insurance plans which make them favourable for potential customers:
- Cashless hospitalisation is allowed at more than 4000 hospitals across India.
- Discounts in premiums are allowed for women and girl child and also if the policyholder is an existing customer of the company.
- Wellness discounts are allowed to individuals who buy Reliance Health Insurance plans.
- The company's Health Gain policy can be bought by paying premiums in instalments, a feature which is not available anywhere else in the health insurance industry.
Reliance Health Insurance plans overview
Currently, Reliance is offering three main types of health insurance plans. Here is a brief overview of each of these plans:
Health Gain Plan
Health Gain is a comprehensive plan which provides an all-round coverage to policyholders. The salient features of the plan include the following:
- The sum insured under the plan is automatically refilled if it is exhausted in any policy year.
- If no claim is made in any policy year, the sum insured increases by 33.33% as no claim bonus. This increase continues for each successive claim-free year. Thus, the sum insured is doubled after 3 claim-free years.
- Individual, family floater and senior citizen variant of the policy is available.
- There is a 'Call Option' under the policy wherein the accumulated no claim bonus can be added to the sum insured from the 5th policy year.
- Free accidental death cover if no claim is made in the previous policy year.
- A range of wellness programs are available with the plan.
- The plan can be bought on easy EMIs where premiums are paid in four instalments.
This is a fixed benefit health insurance plan offered by Reliance. The plan pays the sum insured in lump sum if the insured is diagnosed with any of the illnesses covered under the plan. The features of the plan include the following:
- 10 major critical illnesses are covered under the plan.
- The available sum insured levels are Rs.5 lakhs, Rs.7 lakhs and Rs.10 lakhs.
- The policy can be taken for one year or for three continuous years.
- Some common illnesses which are covered under the plan include cancer, major organ transplant, aorta graft surgery, coma, heart valve replacement or repair, total blindness, etc.
- The survival period is low and ranges from 30 days to 90 days depending on the illness.
Personal accident insurance policy
This plan is also a fixed benefit health plan which covers accidental deaths and disablements. The salient features of the plan include the following:
- Coverage is allowed for accidental death, permanent total disability and permanent partial disability.
- Additional coverage of carriage of mortal remains is also available under the plan.
- Optional extensions are also available under the plan for increasing the scope of coverage. One extension is medical expenses extension where the medical expenses incurred in an accident are covered.
Reliance General Health Insurance Policy coverage
Coverage under Reliance Health Insurance plans depend on the plans which are chosen. So, here are the basic coverage features of the three main types of Reliance Health Insurance plans:
- Inpatient hospitalisation expenses if the insured is admitted in the hospital for 24 hours and more.
- Day care treatments where hospitalisation is not required for 24 hours.
- Pre hospitalisation and post-hospitalisation cover for 60 days each.
- Domestic road ambulance cover ranging from Rs.1500 to Rs.3000 depending on the plan variant.
- Organ donor expenses up to 50% of the sum insured.
- Domiciliary hospitalisation.
- Reinstatement of the basic sum insured.
- Accidental death cover in case of no claim in the last policy year.
Critical illness plan
- 10 illnesses are covered which are cancer, major organ transplant, Multiple Sclerosis, Third Degree Burns, Aorta Graft Surgery, Heart Valve Replacement or repair, Coma of Specified Severity??, Coma Quadriplegia,total Blindness, end Stage Renal Disease requiring regular dialysis.
Personal accident plan
- Accidental death where 100% of the sum insured is paid.
- Permanent total disablement where 50% or 100% sum insured is paid depending on the disability.
- Permanent partial disability where a specified percentage of sum insured is paid.
- Carriage of mortal remains.
- Medical expenses extension.
Steps to File for Claim of Reliance Health Insurance
To file a claim under any Reliance Health Insurance plans, the following steps should be taken:
- Inform the insurance company immediately of the claim.
- If the policyholder wants a cashless claim settlement, treatments should be taken at a networked hospital. The list of networked hospitals is available with the insurance company.
- If treatment is taken at any other non-networked hospital, claim would be settled on a reimbursement basis. The policyholder would have to bear the medical costs himself and then get them reimbursed.
- Provide all the relevant details when notifying the claim to the insurance company.
- Furnish all the required documents for processing of the claim.
Applying for Reliance General Health Insurance Plans - Health Gain Plan
Applying for Health Gain plan offered by Reliance Health Insurance is quite easy. The company provides easy online application where the plan can be bought online with a few steps. Here are the steps required to apply for the plan:
- Visit the insurer's website at www.reliancegeneral.co.in.
- Choose 'Health' and under that choose 'Health Gain'
- A new page opens where in the left hand side the expected premiums can be calculated.
- Provide the required information in the premium calculator and hit 'Get My Free Quote'.
- The premium would be displayed. You can then choose 'Continue to Buy' to get to the application page.
- You can log into the company's application page or skip it. In the next page provide your personal details.
- Then the payment details would be required and after the premiums are paid online, the policy would be issued.