Universal Sompo Travel Insurance
Universal Sompo General Insurance Company Limited is a leading name in the general insurance segment. The company offers a range of general insurance plans to its customers like health insurance, travel insurance and motor insurance. The company also offers commercial insurance policies which are meant for businesses and industries.
Travel insurance plans offered by Universal Sompo are comprehensive plans which provide a wide range of coverage benefits. There are various plans offered for different types of travels. Each plan is further subdivided into various categories having different coverage benefits and sum insured. Individuals can buy a travel plan as per their need.
Key Advantages of Universal Sompo Travel Insurance Plans
Travel insurance plans offered by Universal Sompo have the following key advantages –
- Coverage is provided for individuals up to 70 years of age
- No pre-entrance medical check-ups are required if the insured individual is below 60 years
- Three coverage options are available. One covers international travel, the other covers Asia travel and the third variant covers student travel
- A comprehensive health-related cover and other benefits are available in all three travel insurance plans
- Annual multi-trip plans are available for international travel too
- Coverage is provided in US Dollars while premiums are payable in Indian Rupees
- Coverage level starts at USD 20, 000 and goes up to USD 5,00, 000
- Automatic policy extension is available in many plan variants. This extension helps individuals avail coverage for an extra duration
- Home burglary insurance is available in international travel insurance plans. This cover protects the home and its contents against possible burglary threats
Types of Universal Sompo Travel Insurance Policies
As stated earlier, Universal Sompo’s travel insurance policies are of three types. They are as follows –
Universal Sompo Travel Insurance Policy Coverage
The coverage features under all Universal Sompo Travel Insurance Plans are almost similar in nature. A comprehensive coverage is provided which includes the following features –
- Health cover –
health cover is provided for all health-related claims. it’s features include medical expenses, dental treatments, medical repatriation, repatriation of mortal remains and a daily cash benefit in case of hospitalisation
- Baggage cover -
under baggage cover, loss of checked-in baggage by the common carrier or delay of checked-in baggage for more than 12 hours is covered
- Loss of passport is covered
- An allowance is provided daily in case of hijack of the common carrier
- Financial emergency assistance is available for international trips where cash is provided in advance for any financial emergencies
- Any personal liability faced is also covered
- Accidental death and disablement while travelling is covered
- Delay or cancellation of the trip is covered
- There is a feature of extending the duration of the policy by 7 days if the trip gets extended for unavoidable reasons
- A cover for burglary of the home contents is also available when the policyholder is on a trip
Universal Sompo Travel Insurance Exclusions
Instances which are not covered include the following –
- Claims occurring before the inception of the cover
- Claims when travelling against the doctor’s advice, pre-existing illnesses, participating in defence operations, participating in hazardous activities, etc.
- Claims due to mental disorders, pregnancy, radioactive contamination, terrorist activities.
- Claims due to war, invasion, rebellion, etc.
Universal Sompo Travel Insurance Claim Process
In case of a claim, the policyholder should contact the insurance company or the company’s international service provider. All the necessary details of the case would have to be provided. The international assistance provider would confirm the policy details and guide you with the travel insurance claim process. The claim form needs to be filled and all the relevant paperwork regarding the claim must be submitted with the service provider of the insurance company. After which the claim is settled.