Clarify All Doubts Related To Two Wheeler Insurance
An insurance policy that protects your two wheeler in case of any accidents or thefts is a two wheeler insurance policy. These bike insurance plans help you prevent any financial losses in such situations. It is an association between an insurance provider and the owner of the vehicle. It offers protection against any losses that you may incur by on-road damages of your two-wheeler. Human-made calamities, theft, accident, fire, and several other events are covered by insurance companies offering two wheeler insurance online.
Different Types of Bike Insurance Plans in India
A two wheeler insurance policy comes with various terms and benefits. Some of the motorcycle insurance policies online can be customised according to your requirements. However, there are majorly two types of two wheeler insurance policy in India, which you can compare and choose online:
Third-Party Bike Insurance
If your two wheeler is involved in an accident which has caused damage to any person or their property/vehicle, you will be legally liable for their losses. Third-party insurance protects you in such situations. Your insurance provider will offer compensation for any death, injury or damage of property to any third party. The Motor Vehicle’s Act of 1988 mandates third-party insurance for every car owner. This type of insurance protects your financial standing as this situation, if arises, can incur massive amounts of expenses.
Comprehensive Bike Insurance
A comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy that you can easily buy online comes in a complete end-to-end package for your benefit. It offers primary coverage, which is against any losses incurred by accident, theft, fire, man-made disasters, etc. But it also comes pre-packed with third-party insurance so that you are not legally liable for any losses incurred by the damage of someone else’s vehicle or loss of life. This type of insurance policy offers you the most benefits. It also provides you with personal injury cover in case you sustain any injuries when riding your bike.
Top Benefits of Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
An online two wheeler insurance policy offers you the freedom to ride your bike without worry. Don’t have to worry about your financial losses in case of theft or accidents. Especially if there is a third-party involved. An online bike policy offers you the protection against any unnecessary expenses which may arise due to a mishap on the road. When you buy bike insurance online, the process becomes more straightforward. Here are some benefits of buying a two wheeler insurance policy:
- Accidental Injuries:
- Financial Protection:
- All Types of Two Wheelers:
- Cost of Spare Parts:
- Roadside Assistance:
An online two wheeler insurance policy takes care of you and your bike when you’re on the road. It covers all expenses caused by accidents. The insurance policy will cover any damage to your motorcycle or any injury sustained by you.
You can ride your two wheeler without any worry. When you buy bike insurance online, you choose full financial coverage. In cases of accidents, thefts, natural calamities, etc., your losses will be reimbursed by the insurance company. Even small repairs for damages can cost more than you can afford. An online bike policy gives you the financial assistance you need in such situations.
Insurance policies don’t differentiate among two-wheelers. If you have a motorcycle, a moped or a scooter, an insurance policy will cover all of them. Even if you have personalised the vehicle for better mileage, style or power, an insurance policy will still offer full coverage. However, it is always advised to read the terms and conditions carefully.
A two wheeler is nothing without its spare parts. And these spare parts can be costly to buy if damaged in ana event. Most insurance policies cover the cost of replacing the spare parts of a two-wheeler. This includes all nuts and bolts as well as gear pads, brake pads and more.
Being stuck alone on the road if your bike breaks down or meets with an accident is a difficult situation to be in. Most insurance policies also offer roadside assistance as a benefit. If you find yourself in such a case, you can simply call their helpline number, and they will come to your aid.
Key Features of Two Wheeler Insurance Policy
A two wheeler insurance policy comes with a range of benefits and features. Mainly because there is stiff competition in the market, each insurance company offers a comprehensive list of attractive offers to woo potential customers. The processing aspect of buying a policy has also become much more comfortable, especially with 2-wheeler insurance policies available online. Let’s take a look at the key features of buying a bike insurance policy so that you can make an informed choice.
- Comprehensive and Liability Only Coverage:
- Optional Coverage
- Easy Transfer of No Claim Bonus (NCB)
- Quick Registration for Internet Purchase
- Compulsory Personal Accident Cover of Rs. 15 Lakh
If you have a two-wheeler, you have the option to choose comprehensive or third-party insurance. The government of India mandates every two wheeler owner to avail third-party insurance. But if you can pay for your expenses, you don’t need a policy for your bike. You can buy third-party insurance, and you’re good to go.
You can choose from a long list of optional covers in your two wheeler insurance policy. While the basic plan covers your two wheeler and third-party liability, these benefits can give you comprehensive coverage. From personal accident cover to pillion rider cover, enhanced cover for accessories, etc., you can customise your plan altogether.
If your policy term has been completed without any claims, you receive a no claim bonus. Your no claim bonus can be easily transferred to another two wheeler policy for a new two-wheeler. An NCB is offered to the driver/owner and not the two-wheeler.
Online buying and maintaining a two wheeler insurance policy is easy. You can look for a policy that meets your requirements on the internet. Compare them online. Buy and pay their premium online too. All your information is available for your access at any time. So, registration and renewal of two wheeler insurance online are much quicker.
The IRDAI has recently made it mandatory for all insurance companies to offer personal accident cover along with a two wheeler insurance policy. You can avail coverage of up to Rs.15 lakh under this feature. With this addition, you and your bike are both safe on the road.
The IRDAI approves of several discounts on the purchase of a two wheeler insurance policy on selected grounds. For example, if you are a member of an automobile association, have an anti-theft device installed, etc., can get you some great discounts. If you have a previous NCB, you might receive some concession.
How to Compare Online Two Wheeler Insurance Plans at Paybima?
- First, you need to fill up a form posted on every page of our website. It will ask for your necessary details depending upon the insurance type you’re looking for. This form will lead you to a host of policy options customised according to your needs.
- This list quotes the premium and the necessary details of every policy. You can click on each policy to view their detailed information. On the page with the list, you can select the policies you want to compare by checking the ‘Compare Product’ box.
- You can select up to 4 bike insurance policies online at a time and click compare. This will lead you to a comprehensive table which lists all the benefits of your shortlisted policies. You can take your time and choose the best one for you and your family.
However, there are quite a few things to check apart from the premium:
- Type of 2 Wheeler Insurance
- Add-On or Optional Covers
- Claim Process
- Discounts Available
- Facilities and Features Available
- Renewal Process
Decide which type of two wheeler insurance you require. The best option is to choose a comprehensive policy which offers you cover for your vehicle and the third party. However, ff you can pay for your expenses, then buy third-party insurance only and pay the minimum premium required.
There are a host of benefits that you can opt for apart from your primary insurance policies. These add-on covers give you extra coverage which offers you and your vehicle more protection. Such optional covers range from, pillion rider cover, zero depreciation cover, enhanced cover for spare parts and accessories, and more.
Always enquire about an insurance company’s claim process before choosing their insurance policy. Most companies offer a hassle-free claim process. But if it looks complicated and their claim-settlement ratios are not impressive, drop this company from your list
The IRDAI approves some discounts for two wheeler insurance on specific grounds. For example, if you are a member of an automobile association, have an anti-theft device installed, etc., can get you some great discounts. If you have a previous NCB, you might receive some concession. Check if you are eligible for any of these discounts.
Insurance companies offer various facilities and features to attract customers and have them renew their policy every year. These facilities range from a cashless claim, roadside assistance, and more. When comparing bike insurance online, check for these facilities and decide which one offers you the maximum features.
The renewal process of most online two wheeler insurance policies is simple. You just have to log in to your portal, select the policy you want to renew and make the payment. However, check for these renewal and claims processes before you choose your policy. This should not call for the unnecessary hassle.
How to buy Two Wheeler Insurance Plans Online at Paybima?
Purchasing a two wheeler insurance online at Paybima is as easy as a breeze. Simply follow the steps below:
- Click the Two wheeler insurance from the menu.
- Fill the form on the page. This form will ask you your necessary details and preferences.
- Paybima will offer you a list of two wheeler insurance policies according to your preferences.
- You can click each policy to know all the details.
- If confused, you can select up to 4 insurance policies and compare them with our ‘Compare’ feature.
- When you finalise one, simply select buy now. This button will lead you to a page with add ons, benefits, and options which you can choose or drop from your plan.
- Once all formalities are completed, you can make your first payment with any of our internet payment options.
- You will receive a soft copy of the policy document on your registered email ID.
What is Covered Under Two Insurance Policy?
A comprehensive two wheeler insurance policy online offers coverage of the following:
- Financial loss due to theft of your two-wheeler
- Loss or damage of your two wheeler due to an accident, natural calamity, riots, human-made calamities, etc.
- Personal accident coverage in case you sustain any injuries while riding your two-wheeler
- Legal third-party liability: If you damage any other person’s property or vehicle while riding your two-wheeler, the insurance company will cover for the legal liability. The policy will cover any loss of life in such situations as well.
What is Not Covered Under Two Wheeler Insurance Policy?
The general bike insurance policy online covers almost all essential aspects of protecting your two-wheeler. However, there are certain things and situations which are excluded from your policy. They are:
- The expense of regular wear and tear of your two-wheeler
- Loss from mechanical or electrical breakdowns
- The depreciation caused by everyday use of the two-wheeler
- Any damages or losses sustained by the usage of the bike outside of the scope of the policy
- Any damages sustained by the two wheeler while being ridden by a person without a valid driver’s license.
- Any damages or losses sustained by the usage of the bike by a person under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Any damages due to war, mutiny or nuclear attacks.
How to Claim Two Wheeler Insurance Online at Paybima?
Paybima offers you a wide range of two wheeler insurance plans offerings multiple insurance companies under one roof. We aim to give you a unique experience of comparing & buying an insurance policy online in the simplest possible way. Paybima also helps you throughout your policy tenure and assists you at the time of a claim. So, you can not only buy a policy from us but also ensure continued service throughout your policy duration. For any claims assistance, you can always reach out to us by calling our toll free number 1800 267 6767 or dropping an email at email@example.com
Two Wheeler Insurance Claim Settlement Process
If your two wheeler has faced an event which requires a claim from the insurance company, there are two ways for it. The Cashless claim settlement process and the Reimbursement claim settlement process. In a cashless claim, you need to take your two wheeler to a network garage/workshop and get your bike fixed. You can take home your repaired two wheeler without making any payments. The insurance company and the network-garage will settle the bills amongst themselves. You can view the list for network garages on the insurance company’s website. For a reimbursement claim process, you need to get your bike repaired at any workshop and get detailed bills. You will submit these bills along with several other documents which will be reviewed by the insurance company. If approved, the reimbursement amount will be sent to you within 7-10 days. Here are the steps to both the procedures:
Cashless Claim Settlement Process
- Inform your insurance company about your accident
- Take a survey and estimate the expenses for the damages
- Duly fill and sign the claim form, along with other documents and send it to the insurance company
- The insurance company will approve the repair
- Your bike will be repaired at a network garage
- After your bike is fixed, the insurance company will settle the bills.
- You will be required to pay the deductibles or non-coverage expenses if any.
Reimbursement Claim Settlement Process
- Register your claim at your insurance company
- Duly fill and sign the claim form, along with other documents and send it to the insurance company
- A surveyor of the company will survey the damages and estimate the expenses to you and the company
- Take your bike for repair at a non-network workshop
- After the repairs, the surveyor will conduct another inspection
- Pay the charges of the repairs in full to the garage
- Send the bills and documents to the insurance company
- The insurance company will reimburse the amount to you if your documents are in order and your claim is approved.
Documents Required for Filing a Claim for Your Two Wheeler Insurance
Here is a list of documents that you will require at the time of filing a claim for your two wheeler insurance policy:
- Duly filled and signed claim form
- A copy of the registration certificate of your two-wheeler
- A copy of the rider’s valid driver’s license
- Copy of your two wheeler insurance policy’s document
- Police FIR (In case of theft or third-party liabilities)
- Payment bill of the garage and receipt of the payment
- Proof of release of your repaired two-wheeler
- Third party liability only plan– These plans, as necessitated by the Motor Vehicles Act, cover only third party financial liabilities which you face. These liabilities arise if you cause injury or death of any third party in an accident involving your two-wheeler. Moreover, any financial liability faced because your two-wheeler damages any third party property is also covered under this plan. The premiums for these plans are fixed by IRDA and they depend on the engine capacity of the two-wheeler.
- Comprehensive package plans – These plans provide a combination of two types of coverage benefits. The first part of the plan covers third party legal liabilities which arises when a third party is hurt or killed or his property is damaged because of your two-wheeler. The second part of the coverage is called the own damage coverage. This covers damages suffered by the two-wheeler itself and pays for the applicable cost of repairs. Premiums also comprise of two parts. One is the third party premium fixed by IRDAI and the other is the own damage premium fixed as per the Insured Declared Value of the bike by the insurer.
- Long term two-wheeler insurance plans – IRDAI allows two-wheeler insurance plans to be offered for a longer tenure of 2 or 3 years. Thus, long term two-wheeler plans come with a higher coverage period. They cover the two-wheeler for a continuous period of two years or three years as chosen by the policyholder. Also you are protected against annual increase in third party rates by IRDAI.
- Standalone Own damage plan–It provides protection against damages to your bike in case of accidents, theft, fire or natural calamities. It can only be bought if you already have an existing third party insurance cover valid for atleast a year.
- In case of any accident involving your bike, if you injure or kill any individual or damage someone’s property, you would be financially liable for the injury or damage caused. In case of accidental death, the liability is quite high. This however gets covered by a your insurance policy.
- If your bike suffers heavy damage in an accident, the repair costs are quite high. Having a comprehensive Bike Insurance will cover such repair
- A Bike Insurance plan is a mandatory requirement. If you don’t have insurance, you face legal consequences which include heavy fines and might also lead to imprisonment. So, buying a Bike Insurance plan is necessary in this context too.
- Find the best plan - There are a lot of insurance plans available in the market. Each plan has its own benefits. To know the difference between these plans, you need to compare and select the plan which best suits your requirement.
- Choose a higher IDV– TheIDV reflects the market price of your bike after being adjusted for depreciation. Different policies provide different rates for insurance based on the IDV fixed by them. Ideally, you should opt for the highest possible IDV in order to get maximum claim settlement from the insurer in case of theft or total loss of your bike.
- Get the best premium rates – Once you choose to compare insurance policies, you have the option to get the best quote among the premium rates offered by different insurance companies.
- Get extensive coverages –If you want your policy to have add-on covers, you should compare different plans and choose the one that has the required coverage features at the best rates of premiums.
- Get cashless garage service – Every insurance company has a tie up with a number of garages across the country. However it is always recommended to go for the company that has an exhaustive network of such garages. You can hence compare which insurers have higher network garages available at your location and select that best.
- Accidental damages on bike
- Compensation in case of theft
- Damages by man- made calamities like riots, terrorism, fire, explosions etc.
- Damages caused by natural calamities like earthquake, flood, landslide etc.
- Third party injuries or death and third party property damages
- Personal accident cover for the driver in case of injuries, disablements or death in an accident
- Normal wear and tear of the parts
- Damages caused when driving without a valid license or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Damages caused by mechanical or electrical breakdowns
- Roadside assistance – provides 24x7 assistance in case of sudden breakdowns during commute
- Zero depreciation cover – no deduction for depreciation on damaged parts during claim settlement by the insurer
- Personal accident cover for passenger – the pillion rider gets a personal accident cover in case of serious injuries in accident
- NCB Protect – helps you protect your no claim bonus even after a claim in made
- Engine protectcover – covers damages caused to engine especially due to water ingression or lubrication oil leakage
- Filled up and duly signed claim form of the insurance company
- Copy of the registration copy of bike
- Copy of driving license of the rider
- Copy of the policy document
- FIR in case of an accident
- Original repair bill and cash receipts
- File a claim request with the insurance company immediately
- Keep copies of license, bike registration and policy documents ready
- File police FIR if needed and keep a copy of that
- The insurance company will then appoint a surveyor who will inspect the bike to assess damage and losses incurred
- The surveyor will submit report to the insurance company with repair details
- You can take the bike to one of the garages where the company has a cashless service tie up. The insurance company will cover the repair cost except for the deductibles which have to be borne by you
- However, in case you do not avail cashless service, the entire expenses will have to be paid by you and the insurance company will reimburse the repair costs upon submission of original bills
- If you were riding without a valid driving license during accident
- If you were riding under influence of alcohol or drugs
- If the bike is second hand and the policy is in the name of previous owner
- If the accident happens outside of policy tenure
- If you apply for an Own damage claim in TP only policy
- If the bike was used for carrying illegal activities during the incident
- Always carry a valid driving license while riding
- Do not drive under influence of liquor or drugs
- Keep a policy of your insurance in your bike
- Know the list of inclusions and exclusions under your policy
- Always intimate your insurance company first in case of any unfortunate event involving your bike