4 min read
If you define a comprehensive health plan, it can be termed as a health plan offering all-inclusive coverage that protects against various medical emergencies. These plans cover policyholders financially against numerous illnesses and other medical costs, such as hospitalization costs, day care procedure costs, ambulance charges, and so on.
Comprehensive health care plans offer wide ranging coverage. To know all about comprehensive care meaning and its features, you can check the various coverage available as part of such plans.
Here are some common protection available under comprehensive plans:
There are multiple insurers offering varied comprehensive health insurance plans. So, it is advisable to compare different plans in terms of their benefits of coverage as well as premium rates before buying the best plan to suit your needs.
|Name of Comprehensive Health Plan||Criteria of Eligibility||Insured Sum||Network Hospitals|
|Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Policy||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 91 days to 25 years||2 lakh to 2 crore rupees||6000+|
|Bajaj Alianz Health Care Supreme||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 3 months to 25 years||5 lakh to 50 lakh rupees||6500+|
|Bharti AXA Health AdvanEDGE Policy||Entry age for adult is 18 years to 65 years, while for children is 91 days onwards||2 lakh to 3 crore rupees||4500+|
|Care Health Insurance Plan||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 91 days onwards||3 lakh to 75 Lakh rupees||16,500+|
|Future Generali Health Total||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 1 day to 25 years||3 lakh to 1 crore rupees||6000+|
|IFFCO Tokio Health Protector||Entry age for adult is 18 years to 65 years, while for children is 91 days onwards||50,000 to 20 lakh rupees||6400+|
|Niva Bupa (Formerly known as Max Bupa) GoActiv Health Insurance||Entry age for adult is between 18 to 65 years, while for children it is between 91 days to 21 years||4 lakh to 25 lakh rupees||7000+|
With expensive medical care facilities and a sedentary lifestyle of people, having a health insurance plan is a must. Thus, it is important for everyone to have a comprehensive health insurance policy to take care of their various healthcare needs.
A comprehensive health plan offers numerous benefits as mentioned below:
1. Extensive Coverage – With a comprehensive health plan, you can expect to enjoy wide range of coverage. Some of the protection allowed under comprehensive policy include:
2. Offer Protection for the whole family – When it comes to comprehensive plans, most such plans cover the whole family under one plan. So, you can protect your spouse, children and other dependents such as parents and spouses’ parents under the same policy. These policies have sum insured available on floater or individual basis.
3. Outpatient Treatment – As compared to basic health policies, comprehensive plans allow coverage for OPD costs including OPD consultation fee that the insured incurs for visiting a doctor.
4. Coverage on pre-existing illnesses – Comprehensive health plans allow coverage for various pre-existing illnesses depending on particular plans. However, there is a waiting time of 2 years to 4 years before you could avail such benefits.
5. Riders/Add-ons – Along with availing the standard coverage, comprehensive plans also offer different add-ons or riders. These riders can be purchased by the insured to extend the coverage of your health plan. Some such common riders that can be bought with a comprehensive health plan include:
6. Cashless Treatment Rider – Comprehensive health plans provide cashless medical treatment facility to all its insurance holders under which all medical bills are paid by insurer to the hospital. You just need to avail treatment in a hospital that comes under a network of the insurance company to avail this treatment.
7. Benefit of Cumulative Bonus – Under a comprehensive insurance policy of your health, you can avail benefit of cumulative bonus, which is available for policyholders who do not make a claim during a policy year.
Now that you know what comprehensive health care means, it is always better to buy a comprehensive health insurance plan to ensure the good health of your own as well as of your family. Further, you can avail the best medical care at the best hospital without any worries of hospital bills. This way, you can make sure that your hard-earned money that you have saved doesn’t get depleted.
However, it is important to ensure that you compare different plans before you buy the best health plan of your choice depending on your requirement and understanding comprehensive health care definition and meaning.
Corporate Office : Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd ( A Mahindra Group Company ) Sadhana House, Ground Floor, 570 P. B. Marg, Behind Mahindra Towers, Worli, Mumbai 400018.
Licenced by IRDAI License No. 261; License Validity : 17-05-2022; Category : Composite Broker; CIN : U65990MH1987PLCO42609 Member of Insurance Brokers Association of India (IBAI).
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.
For a seamless experience, use the latest version of Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer.
Copyright © 2022 Mahindra Insurance Brokers. All Right Reserved.