4 min read
Updated on Oct 31, 2022
If you define a comprehensive health plan, it can be termed as a health plan offering all-inclusive coverage that protects against various medical emergencies. These plans cover policyholders financially against numerous illnesses and other medical costs, such as hospitalization costs, day care procedure costs, ambulance charges, and so on.
Comprehensive health care plans offer wide ranging coverage. To know all about comprehensive care meaning and its features, you can check the various coverage available as part of such plans.
Here are some common protection available under comprehensive plans:
There are multiple insurers offering varied comprehensive health insurance plans. So, it is advisable to compare different plans in terms of their benefits of coverage as well as premium rates before buying the best plan to suit your needs.
|Name of Comprehensive Health Plan||Criteria of Eligibility||Insured Sum||Network Hospitals|
|Aditya Birla Activ Assure Diamond Policy||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 91 days to 25 years||2 lakh to 2 crore rupees||6000+|
|Bajaj Alianz Health Care Supreme||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 3 months to 25 years||5 lakh to 50 lakh rupees||6500+|
|Bharti AXA Health AdvanEDGE Policy||Entry age for adult is 18 years to 65 years, while for children is 91 days onwards||2 lakh to 3 crore rupees||4500+|
|Care Health Insurance Plan||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 91 days onwards||3 lakh to 75 Lakh rupees||16,500+|
|Future Generali Health Total||Entry age for adult is 18 years onwards, while for children is 1 day to 25 years||3 lakh to 1 crore rupees||6000+|
|IFFCO Tokio Health Protector||Entry age for adult is 18 years to 65 years, while for children is 91 days onwards||50,000 to 20 lakh rupees||6400+|
|Niva Bupa (Formerly known as Max Bupa) GoActiv Health Insurance||Entry age for adult is between 18 to 65 years, while for children it is between 91 days to 21 years||4 lakh to 25 lakh rupees||7000+|
With expensive medical care facilities and a sedentary lifestyle of people, having a health insurance plan is a must. Thus, it is important for everyone to have a comprehensive health insurance policy to take care of their various healthcare needs.
A comprehensive health plan offers numerous benefits as mentioned below:
1. Extensive Coverage – With a comprehensive health plan, you can expect to enjoy wide range of coverage. Some of the protection allowed under comprehensive policy include:
2. Offer Protection for the whole family – When it comes to comprehensive plans, most such plans cover the whole family under one plan. So, you can protect your spouse, children and other dependents such as parents and spouses’ parents under the same policy. These policies have sum insured available on floater or individual basis.
3. Outpatient Treatment – As compared to basic health policies, comprehensive plans allow coverage for OPD costs including OPD consultation fee that the insured incurs for visiting a doctor.
4. Coverage on pre-existing illnesses – Comprehensive health plans allow coverage for various pre-existing illnesses depending on particular plans. However, there is a waiting time of 2 years to 4 years before you could avail such benefits.
5. Riders/Add-ons – Along with availing the standard coverage, comprehensive plans also offer different add-ons or riders. These riders can be purchased by the insured to extend the coverage of your health plan. Some such common riders that can be bought with a comprehensive health plan include:
6. Cashless Treatment Rider – Comprehensive health plans provide cashless medical treatment facility to all its insurance holders under which all medical bills are paid by insurer to the hospital. You just need to avail treatment in a hospital that comes under a network of the insurance company to avail this treatment.
7. Benefit of Cumulative Bonus – Under a comprehensive insurance policy of your health, you can avail benefit of cumulative bonus, which is available for policyholders who do not make a claim during a policy year.
Now that you know what comprehensive health care means, it is always better to buy a comprehensive health insurance plan to ensure the good health of your own as well as of your family. Further, you can avail the best medical care at the best hospital without any worries of hospital bills. This way, you can make sure that your hard-earned money that you have saved doesn’t get depleted.
However, it is important to ensure that you compare different plans before you buy the best health plan of your choice depending on your requirement and understanding comprehensive health care definition and meaning.
PayBima is an Indian insurance aggregator on a mission to make insurance simple for people. PayBima is the Digital arm of the already established and trusted Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd., a reputed name in the insurance broking industry with 17 years of experience. PayBima promises you the easy-to-access online platform to buy insurance policies, and also extend their unrelented assistance with all your policy related queries and services.
Table of Content Highlights of Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana Eligibility Criteria of Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana Benefits of Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana Registration Process for Mukhyamantri Chiranjeevi Yojana.
Table of Content Why is Health Insurance the Most Important? Health Insurance Companies Offering Low Premium Health Insurance Affordable Individual Health Insurance Plans Low Cost.
Table Of Content What is the Incurred Claim Ratio? Incurred Claim Ratio Formula/a> Difference Between Incurred Claim Ratio and Claim Settlement Ratio/a> Role of Incurred.
Cost of an Open Heart/Cardiac Surgery in India? Table Of Content Know about an Open Heart Surgery Cost of Open Heart Surgery Factors Affect the.
Table of Content What are Home Care Services? Diseases Covered Under Home Care Services Home Health Care Services Offered by Insurance Companies Things that are.
Fixed Benefit Health Insurance - Everything You Need to Know What is a Fixed Benefit Health Insurance Plan? Importance of Fixed Benefit Health Insurance Plan.
Critical Illness Cover vs Terminal Illness Cover - Guide to Terminal Illness and Critical Illness Covers in Health Policy Terminal illness, also known as critical.
Table Of Content What is Health Insurance for NRI in India? Can NRIs Buy Health Insurance in India? Importance of Health Insurance for NRIs in.
High Blood Pressure Health Conditions Caused by High Blood Pressure Hypertension Risks High Blood Pressure Concerns Reduce the Risk of High Blood Pressure Hypertension or.
Speak to our advisor
Corporate Office : Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd ( A Mahindra Group Company ) Sadhana House, Ground Floor, 570 P. B. Marg, Behind Mahindra Towers, Worli, Mumbai 400018.
Licenced by IRDAI License No. 261; License Validity : 17-05-2025; Category : Composite Broker; CIN : U65990MH1987PLCO42609 Member of Insurance Brokers Association of India (IBAI).
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.
For a seamless experience, use the latest version of Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer.
Copyright © 2022 Mahindra Insurance Brokers. All Right Reserved.