Buying Health Insurance During Covid-19 Time? Don’t Forget to Check these Dos and Don’ts
The recent pandemic has made people realize the importance and need of health insurance plans. Here are some dos and don’ts that you can follow when purchasing health insurance during covid.
The pandemic caused people to understand the relevance and need of health insurance plans to limit their worries related to health uncertainties and the expenses that are associated with it. However, many people are still apprehensive about the health insurance buying process and its details. We are discussing some dos and don’ts of buying health insurance in this blog that might help you deal with your worries.
Significance of having Health Insurance During the time of Pandemics
The pandemic has actually made people realize the importance of health insurance and generated awareness among many. It stated the fact that you cannot ignore health or take it lightly. And also that the health of our loved ones is the most important thing that concerns us.
Below are some of the essential points that add to the significance of insurance during a pandemic:
- Health insurance is essential to manage the growing risks of lifestyle diseases – Lifestyle diseases can be caused due to numerous things like pollution, unhealthy way of life, unhealthy eating habits, low immunity and lethargy among other things. All such things make humans vulnerable to diseases. Thus, the importance of having the best health insurance becomes vital due to such aspects.
- Keep your family protected – If your family is dependent on the earnings of a single member, in that case having the protection of insurance becomes all the more important. Otherwise, the sole earning member might have a huge financial burden. So, having best health insurance in India becomes handy as it relieves the financial burden of the head of the family by taking care of the healthcare needs of your family members.
- Allow you to get quality treatment – Quality treatment is something that we all deserve and must have. The covid times has made people realize the need of quality treatment with covid health insurance. And seeking quality treatment without any financial aid will surely eat up whatever savings you have.
Do’s And Don’ts To be followed for Buying Health Insurance In Covid Times
The importance of health insurance policy is already established now and you know how vital it is for everyone these days. Let us discuss some basic dos and don’ts that need to be adhered to at the time of choosing health insurance. By considering these specific points you can get health insurance including covid 19 health insurance at the right cost with right coverage.
Here are some guidelines to follow during this pandemic time for buying health insurance policies as mentioned below:
Things you should Do
- Choose a comprehensive health insurance plan with high coverage – When your health is at stake, you can never be content. Irrespective of how much coverage you are getting, you will always feel the need for more to protect you and your family with extra cover. Thus, it is important to ensure to get sufficient protection by buying add-ons to enhance your coverage further. Also, customize your coverage as per your requirement by opting for plans like super top-up so as to enhance overall coverage.
- Make sure that your insurer has a wide facility of network hospitals – This is another important dos. You must ensure to buy your policy from the insurer that allows a huge network of hospitals close to you. This way you can have better reach if any medical emergency appears and you can also make cashless claims.
- Make sure that the insurer offers daycare procedures – Daycare procedure is required when you undergo any medical treatment which requires you to be hospitalized only during the day, like cataract surgery, dialysis etc. This feature helps in times of pandemics when the patient needs to be hospitalized for the day to get their check-up done and to ensure his/her health. So, it is crucial to check if this service is available with your insurer and your insurance plan.
- Avail discounts – There are many insurance providers who offer good discounts and deals in case you buy a policy online. Further, there are special discounts for female policyholders as well that you can use to buy covid-19 health insurance policy. You can look for family discounts if you are buying a policy for many members of your family.
Don’ts – Things you should avoid
Here are things to avoid while buying health insurance policies, including health insurance for covid-19 during the time of pandemic:
- Don’t miss renewing your policy – It is very important to ensure that you do not have any gap in renewal of your health plan. So, you must renew the plan as and without fail to avoid any hassles. Try to get the plan renewed even before the expiry date to guarantee break-free coverage to avail benefits and bonuses like NCB.
- Don’t buy a policy just because it is in your budget – Buying a policy just for the sake of it will not suffice your need. So, ensure that the coverage offered under your policy is comprehensive and it encompasses most of your health expenses. A cheap plan might save your money now but it can cost you a huge amount in future when an urgent medical need arises.
- Read the policy papers carefully – Don’t ignore the policy papers and read them carefully without skipping the small print. Also, try to understand the features that are included and the ones that are not included in your policy. This way you will have an idea of what to expect and what to claim from your policy.
- Be open about any vital information about your health – It is always advisable to be open about any significant information about your health with your insurer. Hiding such information might lead to disagreement at the time of claim settlement. So, disclose any health condition you are suffering from (if any) so that the pre-existing diseases could be taken care of accordingly.
Also Read: How To Defend Yourself Against COVID-19 Variants
It is a fact that the pandemic has made health insurance a part and parcel of our lives in India. The uncertainties seen in the healthcare sector over the years has made it necessary to buy health insurances to secure the life of our loved ones. By following the various dos and don’ts of procuring health insurance, one can make sure that they get the best policy and avail the best coverage. So, ensure to follow them to guide yourself better.