Overview of SBI General Health Insurance
SBI Health insurance is a part of the SBI General Insurance Company and is known for its most promising healthcare insurance product range. The health insurance plans offered by SBI are so designed to cover individuals and families alike against numerous expenses caused due to diseases and any other health emergencies. Further, the SBI health plans are easily affordable and so anyone can buy and access them. SBI being a trustworthy name in India is well accepted by people for their innovative insurance solutions.
The policyholders of SBI health insurance plans can have comprehensive coverage in case of hospitalization along with having coverage for in-patient cost of hospitalization, pre, post cost of hospitalization, day-care procedure coverage etc. The various health plans offered by SBI health insurance include: individual plans, corporate health insurance plans, corporate group plans and SBI health insurance for senior citizens.
The SBI General Insurance Company was established in 2010 as a joint venture between SBI and an Australian company named Insurance Australia Group (IAG). In 2020, after the sale of the IAG stake, the SBI general insurance collaborated with companies like Honey Wheat investment limited, Napean opportunities LLP, Axis New Opportunities AIF-I and PI Opportunities Fund-1.
Key Highlights of SBI General Health Insurance Company
|Network Hospitals Available
|Waiting Period (Pre-existing Ailments)
|Claims Settlement Ratio
||Rs. 110 billion
* Year Data March 2019-20
Awards and Achievements of SBI General Health Insurance Company
- SBI General is the winner of ET Best BSFI Brand Awards 2018
- SBI General won the Bancassurance Leader award in the Medium & Small Category for FY 2016-17.
- SBI General was certified as a Great Place To Work by the Great Place to Work® Institute, India in 2017.
- SBI General won the ISO 27001:2013 certification for Information Security practices in 2014.
Benefits of Availing SBI General Health Insurance Plans
Here are some of the benefits of SBI General health insurance:
- SBI health insurance policies offer some exclusive health insurance plans to protect the policyholder against diseases, OPD expenses, critical illnesses, emergency medical needs and so on.
- These policies are comprehensive and thus offer coverage against different medical expenses.
- The coverage options of SBI mediclaim policies are wide, starting from 50,000 rupees to 5 Lakh rupees.
- The SBI health plans do not need the insured up to 45 years to go through pre-medical tests.
- SBI health insurance provides flexible plans including Metro health insurance plan, Semi-Metro Plan and Rest of India.
- These plans allow coverage to the entire family that consists of spouse, dependent kids, parents and of course the insured person in case of family floater plans.
- These plans cover pre, post-hospitalization costs.
- Allows free health check-up after 4 claim-free years.
- Lifelong renewability option is also available.
- The insurer has 6000+ network hospitals to avail cashless treatment in India.
- The SBI health plans allow add-on coverage.
- These plans also allow policyholders to avail tax benefits under section 80D.
- They also offer easy portability options.
- The plans come with a wide array of Sum Insured.
Health Insurance Plans Offered by SBI General Health Insurance Company
Below are some of the health insurance plans offered by SBI General Health Insurance:
- SBI Arogya Premier Policy
- SBI Arogya Plus Policy
- SBI Arogya Top Up Policy
- SBI Hospital Daily Cash Insurance Policy
- SBI Critical Illness Insurance Policy
- SBI Group Health Insurance Policy
- SBI Loan Insurance Policy
- SBI Retail Health Insurance Policy
Let us see the top SBI General Health Insurance Plans in detail:
1. SBI Critical Illness Insurance Policy
- Entry Age – 18 to 65 years
- Policy Duration – 1 to 3 years
- Sum Assured – between 2 Lakh to 50 Lakh rupees
- Free Look Period – 15 days
- Income tax benefit – Available under Section 80D
- The pre- existing diseases and their related conditions are excluded from the plan
- The claims can be made after 90 days of waiting period from the policy starting date.
- Self caused injuries are excluded like suicide attempt etc.
- All conditions in the insurer from birth are excluded from the plan coverage.
- AIDS and other sexually transmitted conditions are excluded.
- Injury caused due to drug overdose or due to being in a state of intoxication is excluded.
2. SBI General’s Group Health Insurance Policy
- Entry Age – 18 years and above
- Sum Assured – 10, 0000 to 50, 0000 rupees
- Plan Basis – Individual and Floater
- Medical Screening – Required for people above 65 years.
- Network hospitals – 3000+ hospitals.
- Waiting period – 1 year for normal treatment, 4 years for pre-existing diseases
- Portability facility where you can port your current policy to us during renewal.
- Income tax benefits are available as per Section 80D.
- Add-on coverage allowed.
- Pre and post hospitalization costs are covered from 30 days before and up to 60 days after discharge.
How to buy SBI General Health Insurance Policy
Below are the steps to follow to buy SBI life health insurance:
- Go to the insurer’s portal.
- Select Gender and full name and age.
- Enter phone number and click on view plans.
- Click the ‘continue’ tab and select your city and enter the pin code.
- Select the plan from the selection offered.
- Compare different plans online.
- Once you opt for the right plan, you can buy the policy by paying the premium or can contact the customer support team to get more details.
- Once the premium is paid, the insurer will email the policy details to you.
Further, you can also call at the toll free number of the company and seek guidance from a customer service representative. They will ask you for your personal details and will offer quotes based on your details. You can check the quotes and select a policy as per your requirement. Also, purchasing a SBI policy can be done through offline mode by visiting a branch of the insurer.
The process of Renew of SBI General Health Insurance Plans
Follow the below steps to renew SBI health policy:
- Go to the official SBI Health Insurance portal.
- Click the tab of ‘Renew Policy’.
- from the drop-down menu, select the health insurance plan to be renewed.
- Enter Policy Number and hit the tab ‘Get Quote’.
- Now, choose from the best quote that matches your requirement from the screen in front of you.
- Make the payment online for renewal of premium via your preferred mode.
- Your policy is renewed.
How to File a SBI General Health Insurance Claim?
Below are the steps to follow file a cashless claim:
- Get admitted in a network hospital of your insurer
- Show your SBI health card at the insurer’s desk at the hospital
- Inform the insurance provider either by calling them at 1800221111 toll free number or by sending an SMS to 561612. Also you can write an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Get the form of Cashless Claim and fill it properly.
- Submit the cashless claim form to the insurer.
- In the next step, the insurer will verify the documents provided by you.
- Once approved, the insurer will pay the hospital bills directly as per the terms and conditions of the policy.
Follow the following steps to file a reimbursement claim:
- Get hospitalized at any hospital including non-network hospitals and start treatment.
- Pay the bills to the hospital at the time of discharge.
- Collect all required documents and bill summaries and provide them to the insurer for processing the claim.
- The insurer makes the payment of the treatment as per the policy terms.
Claim Settlement Ratio of SBI General health insurance
The ratio of claims that are settled by an insurer during a policy year as against the complete claims that the insurer receives during the year is called Claim Settlement Ratio.
The claim settlement ratio of SBI General Health insurance for the financial year 2018-19 was 59.42%, while it was 78.67% for the FY 2019-20.
||Claim Settlement Ratio