5 min read
Updated on Dec 05, 2022
Do you believe in creating checklists? We sure do! They help you stay on track and also move closer towards achieving or realizing your goals, regardless of what they may be. The same holds true for creating a checklist for your finances – a to-do plan that helps you set realistic goals and define new ways to achieve them every single day. Speaking of lists, there sure is one that needs to be created for the coming financial year 2023. Here are some planning tips that we created and intend to follow in the New Year to create a better financial future for all.
Stay with us if you want to learn more about what these planning tips are and why you should bear them in mind when approaching 2023.
Well, the whole idea of creating a checklist revolves around the basic premise that you don’t want to forget something that is important. This is exactly why you create a checklist, mentioning the various tasks you intend to do in the near future, which are obviously important and must be dealt with at the earliest. As you keep finishing those tasks, you keep checking or ticking them off your list, feeling proud of having accomplished those tasks.
So yes, creating a checklist does help – whether it is for planning a trip next month or just planning your finances for the next year. Both these situations demand your attention and you don’t want to forget anything important related to them. Thus you create a checklist. But how to create a financial checklist and how does it help? Let’s look at it in detail below.
If you’re a financially aware person, then you already know the importance of year end planning for every financial investor. We don’t need to remind you of its importance. Planning for the new year, as the current year draws to a close, gives you ample scope to reflect on the incidents that just went by in the current financial year and also to understand what worked for you and what didn’t.
Were you able to achieve all of your financial goals for 2022? Did all of your investments bear decent returns? Are you overall satisfied with your financial performance for the financial year gone by? These are questions that demand some of your time and attention at the end of 2022, thereby invoking enough interest to create a financial checklist for the new year 2023. So let’s begin.
As you sit down reflecting on the bygones, pumped up enough to not repeat the same mistakes this year, here are some financial tips that can help. These financial planning tips would help you stay on track to achieve whatever goals you set for the new financial year. Here we list out just some of them that come to mind (feel free to add any more as may be relevant to your financial needs and/or goals for the year 2023).
Of course, and this goes without saying, that the very first inference to draw from while creating a new financial checklist has to be from your investment ideas 2022 – how successful they were or weren’t. It’s not necessary that all ideas work at all times and it is absolutely fine to learn and grow as you move along your financial planning journey.
But just to help you get started, let’s begin with the premise that it is always helpful to secure your financial future as well as that of your family and loved ones every financial year. Why should 2023 be any different then? Here we present some financial planning strategies that you can bear in mind while creating a checklist of financial goals for 2023 for you and your family:
1. Set your goals right: They are the starting point of your financial planning journey for 2023 so you have to make sure that they are well defined. Your financial goals for the new year could range anywhere between educational expenses for children and healthcare expenses for the family. Or, they could be some debt payoffs, carried forward from 2022. Whatever may be your financial goals, list them out properly in your checklist.
2. Review your insurance plans for the whole family: This should be the next important task on your financial checklist for 2023. When defining your financial objectives for the year, you’d realize that there are a couple of expenditures that would inevitably line up throughout the year. Running a family and house means expenses. And you don’t want to burn a hole in your pocket. So it only makes sense to review your insurance cover for the whole year for you and all your family members.
This would mean health insurance for yourself, your spouse, kids, and parents (if applicable). In addition to buying mediclaim for the family, it is equally important to prepare for any uncertainties that might hit anytime. This is where a term insurance plan comes into play, securing the life and future of your loved ones in your absence.
3. Make regular investments in savings plans: Saving is a good habit and inculcating it as a regular discipline in your life in the new year is a great idea. This is why we highly recommend making room for small savings plans in 2023 to invest in so that you can gradually build a corpus of wealth for a secure future for yourself and your family.
You can check PayBima for a number of savings and investment plans to start your investing journey in 2023!
Based on the learnings of 2022, it’s time to set foot in 2023 with a bang. Keep your pen and paper ready, create a financial checklist that you deem appropriate, and get started on your financial planning journey for the year. We at PayBima are here to help you at every step of this process. Feel free to reach out to one of our representatives!
Found this post informational? Browse PayBima Blogs to read interesting posts related to Health Insurance, Car Insurance, Bike Insurance, Term Life Insurance and Investment section. You can visit PayBima to Buy Insurance Online.
View this post on Instagram
There are some basic steps to move towards financially preparing yourself for the future: Here are some examples of what you might consider your financial goals for 2023: 1. Saving for your post-retirement phase Here are 5 simple financial tips that work towards goal realization: 1. Set a deadline for your goals. Everyone works better under pressure.
How do you financially prepare for the future?
1. Define your financial goals for the future (both near and distant)
2. Set a budget to achieve your goals realistically
3. Review your insurance cover
4. Keep your taxes in check
5. Set aside an emergency fund for uncertainties
What are some of your financial goals for the upcoming year?
2. Paying off debts (home/car loan)
3. Saving for college education for children
4. Starting an emergency fund for life’s unpredictable moments
What are the 5 tips for reaching your financial goals?
2. Write down your goals. You’d never forget them then.
3. Make your goals measurable. What you can measure is easy to assess and keep you on track.
4. Create a budget for your goals and make sure you stick to it.
5. Pay off all debts ASAP. They only make your journey more difficult.
There are some basic steps to move towards financially preparing yourself for the future:
Here are some examples of what you might consider your financial goals for 2023:
1. Saving for your post-retirement phase
Here are 5 simple financial tips that work towards goal realization:
1. Set a deadline for your goals. Everyone works better under pressure.
PayBima is an Indian insurance aggregator on a mission to make insurance simple for people. PayBima is the Digital arm of the already established and trusted Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd., a reputed name in the insurance broking industry with 17 years of experience. PayBima promises you the easy-to-access online platform to buy insurance policies, and also extend their unrelented assistance with all your policy related queries and services.
The Union Budget 2023 was presented on February 1, which highlighted certain changes in the new tax regime. Let us understand them to see which one.
The recent union budget presented by Nirmala Sitharaman, India’s Finance Minister, included some key changes in the new income tax regime. Let us take a.
Best saving solutions in India specialized for NRIs! Are you a Non-Residential Indian who wants to invest in your home country? Well, if your answer.
Retirement is regarded as the golden period of one’s life. However, to make sure that it stays that way, you must have steady income coming.
PLI or Postal Life Insurance schemes were launched by India Post aided by the central government of India. PLI is among the several services offered.
Are you looking at a secured investment scheme to double your money in just 10 years? If so, KVP or Kisan Vikas Patra with 7.2%.
When it comes to the popular and safe investment options that are commonly sought by people in India, the Kisan Vikas Patra (KVP) features among.
The West Bengal government has recently introduced a pension scheme to support the needy people of the state. Named as 'Joy Bangla Pension scheme', this.
National Pension Scheme (NPS) Tier 2 account is a Central Government scheme provided to protect the interest of the policyholders by means of various regulations..
Speak to our advisor
Corporate Office : Mahindra Insurance Brokers Ltd ( A Mahindra Group Company ) Sadhana House, Ground Floor, 570 P. B. Marg, Behind Mahindra Towers, Worli, Mumbai 400018.
Licenced by IRDAI License No. 261; License Validity : 17-05-2025; Category : Composite Broker; CIN : U65990MH1987PLCO42609 Member of Insurance Brokers Association of India (IBAI).
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation.
For a seamless experience, use the latest version of Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer.
Copyright © 2023 Mahindra Insurance Brokers. All Right Reserved.